Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Another Week in Dallas



We are still enjoying it here in Dallas!  It's starting to get really humid and uncomfortable, but we stay busy indoors.  Travis had a lot more to do at work this week so he was happy to stay busy.  Another intern came so now he shares a room with two other interns, both from Africa.  He has a good time getting to know them and learning more about South Africa and Kenya. 

I've been trying to stay busy at home and Jimmy does a good job helping me with that.  He's down to just one or two naps a day and sleeps through the night.  He likes to play a lot more these days and it's pretty cute to see him play with his bear aka Bruce (I get bored sometimes so I've named all of his toys...).  He's a cute kid!  I try to stay busy during the week by having one big project every day along with usual stroller rides and cooking dinners.  So Monday is cleaning day, Tuesday is baking day, Wednesday is grocery shopping day, Thursday is library day, and Friday is laundry day.  I try to pick a new thing to bake and this week I tried French bread for the first time.  It turned out better than I thought and we enjoyed  bread for the week.  One Thursday, Jimmy and I went to Story Time and it turned out to be Tea Time for the search for the white rabbit where clues were left around the room.  And with every clue, everyone needed to dance or sing to a song.  It was pretty exciting!  The kids seemed to have a lot of fun with it.  Jimmy has heard most of the songs and usually likes them (I’m a Little Teapot, Baker’s Man, etc) but I don’t think he really cared for Story Time.  I wasn’t too surprised but I thought we should try it out anyway.  When I have extra time when Jimmy is sleeping, I mostly like to read.  I’ve also finished Lord of the Rings and the Hunger Games series.  Lord of the Rings was great and Hunger Games was sort of a letdown.  Oh well…


We went to the temple on Saturday and took shifts to do initiatories and take care of Jimmy.  It's a little tricky but it feels good to go to the temple.  We also went Keller's Hamburgers.  It was recommended from a few different people but the review was always the same, "Kind of sketchy, but tastes really good!"  We have to agree with that.  It was a drive-in hamburger joint and we pulled up to find a bunch of Texans parked in their cars.  It was fun to see corvettes and 1920's cars parked next to ghetto cars.  It was quite the scene but we enjoyed it.  It’s interesting to see the really nice cars here in Dallas.  I don’t know if it’s because I’ve lived in a college town for too long where everyone is in debt and drives a trashy car, but I’m impressed with the fancy cars we see.  Not a day goes past without seeing a corvette or a Camaro or an even fancier car.  It’s fun to live in Dallas and we are definitely loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment